Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University - TNDALU
Updated on: Apr 23, 2013
The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University has been established by the Government of Tamil Nadu by an Act of State Legislature. It was inaugurated by His Excellency Thiru K.R. Narayanan, President of India on September 20th 1997. The University started functioning from 03.10.1997.
The main objectives behind the establishment of this law university were to impart quality legal education and to promote the knowledge of law among masses. The University is striving towards improving the communal harmony and to achieve the goal of egalitarian society through legal literacy programmes.
The Law University is also promoting the skills of advocacy among the law students and research scholars so as to serve the society with a sense of responsibility while providing legal services, making legislation and suggesting law reforms.
The university has few affiliated colleges spread across the state; the colleges are offering degree and diploma programs in Law. The Distance Education Department of the varsity offers courses in Law through distance mode.
The university has the following departments and affiliated colleges :-
- School of Excellence in Law (SOEL)
- Post-Graduate Departments
- Distance Education Department
- Post Graduate Diploma Courses (Evening)
- The Tamil Nadu Dr.Ambedkar Law University Law College, Chengalpattu
- Dr.Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai-600 104
- Government Law College, Madurai-625 020
- Government Law College, Tiruchirapalli-620 023
- Government Law College, Coimbatore- 641 046
- Government Law College, Tirunelvelli-627 011
- Central Law College, Salem (Private) - 636 008
For further information related to Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University click on the links provided below: